Top Image

Top Image

Pages

BE Feed

Posted on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013



Jesus is the bread of life. His word feeds our souls.  Just like we can't go more than a couple days without foot, this is a perfect reminder that we cannot go more than a couple days without Jesus.  Without depending on him fully, and letting His spirit dwell and direct our lives completely.  How do we do this?  We KNOW Him more.  There is ALWAYS MORE to know about Jesus.  And "there is nothing compare to the surpassing worth of knowing Christ" (Philippians 3:8).  The Word is our way of knowing Him more, and thus loving Him more.  In our lives we love the people that we "know" really well.  The same is true for our relationship with the Lord.  Although He loved us when we did not know him, as humans we cannot love Him unless we know him.  Therefore the the verse "taste and see that the Lord is good" now has new meaning for me.  Over the past few months I have been striving to open my eyes to see God in the world around me, and also see him through the things that I eat, cook, bake, ect.  It is growing my awareness of His presence in all things.   The word "taste" no longer simply refers to tasting food that the Lord has created, but now it refers to "tasting" the word which He spoke from the beginning of creation.  I want to feed on His word more than I feed on food.  


Jesus may the bread of life (John 6:35) sustain both my body and my soul. Amen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger