I love this. Wherever I go God has already gone BEFORE me (Deuteronomy 31:3, 9:3, 1:30), paving the way. Each day he goes before me preparing me for the things he has crafted up:) He "circled on the map" where I will be each day, all I need to do is accept that "I AM HERE." In the midst of this road trip I've stumbled upon lots of maps and things with the words "you are here" on them. Usually when I see these words on a map I read them and quickly use them to determine how to quickly get to my desired location. However, I now have a new outlook on these words. I think too often humans are constantly thinking about being there rather than embracing here. It kinda reminds me of the overused "live in the moment" saying, but it truly is so fundamentally key. I want to be where I am and no where but there. I think I need a bracelet that says "you are here" on it, despite how obvious of a reminder that might be. Gods got me where I am on His timing, and according to His route. I just need to BE HERE. (Psalm 46:10) I wanna be able to look back and say yes, I really was there. Not just in the same way that you carve your name under the top bunk bed at camp... but totally 100 percent present in each moment.
My favorite holiday of the year is almost here! Can't wait for Molalla farm tradishness:) More on this later... just got to anxious to wait till after the 4th to express my excitement!
Kinda want this to sit on my mantle someday:)
I love AMURICA.
Posted on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Besides the road time, trip highlights:
1. K-R Drive-in at Rice Hill 70 flavors of ice cream
2. Pumpin gas and buyin more arizona ice tea flavors
4. Running around Lake Tahoe and then jumping in after
5. Dinner outside on a deck overlooking Lake Tahoe
6. Improving my navigation skills
7. Readin lots of Francine Rivers and "The Good Book"
8. Roastin mallows
8. Bacon eggs and french toast on the grill in the mornin
9. Yosimite National Park adventures 87 degrees to 57 degrees in 20 minutes
10. Simultaneously rock climbing, snow ball fighting, and playing harmonica
11. Loads and loads of country music
12. RV campsite neighbors, Italians, and friendly old men
13. Kabobs and longboarding
13. Nighttime crickets chirpin' and stars shinnin'
Posted on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011
A hodge podge of Auj pojness. I'm a walking collage of raspy loudness, frizzy redness, running craziness, redeemed brokenness, persevering faithfulness, Botti boldness, yet striving to lessen all that in order to reflect HIS image. I want to bear His image in all my ways, always.