Top Image

Top Image

Pages

Be Seeking

Posted on: Monday, February 25, 2013



"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

After we come to the Lord and ASK, the next step for us is to SEEK.  

When I feel the Lord press certain words from scripture on my heart I always like to look up the (English, Greek, and Hebrew) definition and synonyms to gain a better understanding.  The definition of the verb "seek" = "to look for, or attempt to find."  In Matthew 7:7 the word "seek" is the Greek word Zeteo, which is the most commonly used throughout the New Testament.  It is used 120 times.  It literally means to "seek in order to find."  



I love this because the Lord promises that IF we seek Him we WILL find Him. 

"You will SEEK me and find me, when you SEEK me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13


"But from there you will SEEK the LORD your God and you will find Him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

I was also struck by the way Zephaniah 2:3 puts this call to seek in The Message. 

"...Seek God, all you quietly disciplined people who live by God’s justice. Seek God's right ways. Seek a quiet and disciplined life..."

This was one of the verses that I found about the call to "seek" that actually lays out what we are supposed to BE SEEKING. 
1.God
2.His ways
3.A quiet and disciplined life


Jesus help me to seek  with a hope-filled believing heart that I will find, just as You promised.  I desire to seek You above all else, to be disciplined to follow your ways, and to quiet myself before you so that I can hear and "find."  Teach me to seek You with humility, sincerity, and perseverance.  In your powerful name Jesus. Amen. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger