Top Image

Top Image

Pages

Be Asking

Posted on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013


"So I say to you, Ask and keep on asking and it shall be given you; seek and keep on seeking and you shall find; knock and keep on knocking and the door shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives; and he who seeks and keeps on seeking finds; and to him who knocks and keeps on knocking, the door shall be opened." Luke 9:11-13 
Sometimes I am inclined to stop prayerfully asking for things that seem to remain unanswered.  I assume that it must not be the Lord's desire for me, or maybe I am asking for the wrong thing, or maybe I am asking with the wrong motive?  And then I remember this verse: 
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Recently, this verse spoke something new and different to me.  It's one of those verses that I memorized long ago, but perhaps I brushed over what the Psalmist was really trying to say.  I used to think that the verse meant that I should find my joy in Christ, and seek to bring him joy, and then He would grant my desires for my life.  But for some reason when I read it a few weeks ago the part that says "He will give you" stood out to me. Then I thought... what if He gives us the desire, but not necessarily grants the desire. What if He places those passions and dreams and desires in our hearts so that we will come to Him and ASK Him to fulfill them? What if this is His way drawing us into closer dependence on Him? The more I ask myself these questions, the more I can't help but think the answer is a resounding yes. 
The Lord has given each of us a desire for Him, which gives birth to our desires to do things for Him.  Are you ASKING the Lord to fulfill your desires to accomplish His purposes? What is your #BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal)? BE ASKING FOR IT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger