Top Image

Top Image

Pages

Psalm 86:11 "Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an UNDIVIDED HEART, that I may fear your name."

Posted on: Wednesday, October 12, 2011


"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind." Luke 10:27

This is my goal and the deepest desire of my heart, to have an UNDIVIDED HEART that is completely devoted to the Lord above all else. To love Him as my first and forever love, and to love Him with ALL of me and in ALL my ways. It's no competition for my heart, the Lord has already won it completely, and so I completely surrender it to His leading. To me, having an undivided heart means striving to allow my heart's desires to fall in line the the Lord's. It means continually testing my motives against His will. It means living out His heart to a world that tries to steal mine. It means living in communion with one another, as one body, and one heart. It means bearing each others burdens and sharing each others joys. In Romans 15:5-6 it says, "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," and in Jeremiah 32:39 "I will give them singleness of heart and action." It means loving one another together in the same way the Christ first loved us, and pouring out that love to those who need to know it. It means allowing the Lord to renew my often deceitful heart, and allowing Him to guard it and guide it. Proverbs 4:23 says "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." With our hearts we love, and with our love we live. 1 Corinthians 13:2 humbly reminds me, "and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." I AM NOTHING without love, and whatever I do means nothing unless it is done in love. So it is my strongest desire to live undoubtedly devoted with my whole heart to glorify my Father, and to allow His spirit to dwell in me and make me whole. I could go on and on praising Him for this wholeness of heart that He renews in me, despite my stubborn childlike tendency to allow my heart to wander. I pray that you would captivate my heart always more and more Lord, that my heart would be more and more undividedly for you.


"I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 11:19

"I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord." 1 Corinthians 7:35

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger