Top Image

Top Image

Pages

Day 10: FEAR NOT

Posted on: Friday, October 21, 2011



I couldn't even let myself write a blog about what I am afraid of. That in it of itself would be handing myself over to my fears. I used to have a ring that said "fear not" on it. I had it for 4 years and lost it a good 5 or 6 times, but somehow it found it's way back to me (currently it is in the missing state). If we are in Christ, then what do we have to fear? We should not be marked by fear, or worry, or anxiousness, but by confidence in the TRUTH. Fear is a lie. Believing this lie gives power to destruction. I think the best way to tackle your fears is to view them as lies. That doesn't mean pretending as if your fears don't exist, but rather figuring out what those lies are, and trumping them with truth.
Find the lie, and seek the truth.


Here are some of truths that I remind myself and pray over when the lies start to creep in.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Isaiah 41:13

I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

And of course my favorite:)



2 comments:

  1. I loved this post. I have been talking about this a lot lately with my small group leader. Loved it. Such a good reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled upon your site.. love what you have to say and how bold and passionate you are about Christ. aaand this is my favorite verse too!!! Helps me so much. God bless, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger