Top Image

Top Image

Pages

His Kingdom come

Posted on: Monday, August 22, 2011

"Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10

These words have been ringing in my ears and pressing on my heart lately, so I wrote them on my hand of course:)

she def copied me on utilization of hands as reminder notepads...

I think as followers of Christ we spend so much time trying to determine where God is leading us, or what His calling is for our lives, but He already told us! What calling is greater than bringing and building HIS kingdom here and now on earth? (Matthew 7:10) Shouldn't that be our primary focus each day? Humbles me, thats for sure. I pray that this would be more true of my life, and that each morning I would rise up to raise up kingdom of God! I think we forget that it is OUR responsibility to bring heaven to earth. (Luke 17:20 "For indeed, the kingdom of God is 'within you.") We have the opportunity to shine light on the "door of hope," the work of the cross. This hope propels us to be on mission for the growth of His kingdom, and it allows us to trust in the eternal reward we will one day receive! (Hebrews 16:9 "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure...") I want to be motivated by waking up each day knowing that while I am still alive on this earth God has something for me to do here, some purpose to accomplish in me or through me. Even though I am sometimes unclear as to what that purpose is, I know that it ultimately has to do with allowing "His kingdom to come, and His will to be done." So it is my prayer that I would be full of hope and as a result illuminate glimpses of Your kingdom through my life! I think this is how we "bring glory to God." I want to RISE and SHINE for the KINGDOM OF GOD!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger