Top Image

Top Image

Pages

"The next ten minutes"

Posted on: Sunday, August 7, 2011


I'm quite fond of longboarding places
were I can lay in the middle of a field and read, write, and listen. Here are a couple of quotes from the book I am reading (Forgotten God by Francis Chan that just screamed at my heart.

"I think a lot of us need to forget about 'God's will for my life.' God cares more about our response to His Spirit's leading today, in this moment, than about what we intent to do next year. In fact, the decisions we make next year will be profoundly affected by the degree to which we submit to the Spirit right now, in today's decisions."

"It's much less demanding to think about God's will for your future than it is to ask Him what He wants you to do in the next ten minutes. It's safer to commit to following Him someday instead of this day. I believe that part of the desire to'know God's will for my life" is birthed in fear and results in paralysis. We are scared to make mistakes, so we fret over figuring out God's will."

"To submit and give up everything truly is radical and terrifying. However, when I think about it, walking in my own wisdom, contrary to the Spirit's leading, is even more frightful."


"When your heart speaks take good notes"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger