Top Image

Top Image

Pages

"that's why I run..."

Posted on: Friday, July 29, 2011

I find myself saying this as a default answer or excuse for a lot of things.

I don't do sports with balls... that's why I run
I love to race... that's why I run
For the gospel of grace... that's why I run
I'm often late... that's why I run
I analyze things to the extreme... that's why I run
I like to be alone... that's why I run
I think too much.. that's why I run
I don't think at all... that's why I run
I have far to much energy for my own good... that's why I run
I like to trespass... that's why I run
Life goes by so fast... that's why I run
I love long roads and fields... that's why I run
It takes no skill just perseverance... that's why I run
I'm a sweet tooth lover... that's why I run
It doesn't cost a thing... that's why I run
To get the job done... that's why I run
To be the first one to get dessert... that's why I run
Because I always think something is following me up the stairs... that's why I run
To feel God's presence and experience His power... that's why I run
You can wear whatever you want... that's why I run
You can do it anywhere... that's why I run
You can do it anytime... that's why I run
Laying down is just that much more satisfying... that's why I run
I live in the city of rain... that's why I run
Walking is boring... that's why I run
For time to pray... that's why I run
To get away... that's why I run
Because God set an awesome race before me... that's why I run
To the beat of my own drum... that's why I run


"Run by my side; live in my heartbeat; give strength to my steps. As the cold surrounds, as the wind pushes me, I know you surround me. As the sun warms me, as the rain cleanses me, I know you are touching me, challenging me, loving me. And so I give you this run. Thank you for matching my stride. Amen."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger