Top Image

Top Image

Pages

Honey holes and white lines

Posted on: Thursday, July 12, 2012


TASTE: Raspberries are the only berries that are hollow on the inside.  Unlike all the other berries, raspberries have holes in the tops of them, and aren't holes meant to be filled? It only seems logical to me to fill these holes with sweet honey:)  I thought of how raspberries can be related to the human heart.  Both are red, squishy, sometimes sweet, sometimes sour, and sometimes empty and hollow.  But both can be filled with a sweetness that sticks! Just like the honey that I intricately pour into each of the raspberry holes, the Holy Spirit pours into our hollow hearts and fills us with His oh so sweet joy and peace.  I am so thankful for the simple sweetness of honey filled raspberries, and I am evermore thankful for the sticky consistency of Christ filling my heart and making it "whole."



SEE: Yay! I now have a bike to ride, thanks to my high school cross country and track coach:)  Since I haven't been able to run for a month and 10 days (whose counting...) I have been on a mad hunt to find a bike.  I haven't been able to do any kind of cross training other than aqua jogging, and even that has been minimal.  Although riding a bike outside will not help much in terms of fitness, it will help in terms of sanity.  I rode out into the fields of hay and corn on Springville road.  It was delightful to feel the wind at my face, and it was thrilling to fly down the hills faster than the cars.  I'm not used to riding a bike at high speeds out on the roads, and it required more balance than I expected.  I had to be careful not so swerve out into the road on my left, or onto the loose gravel on my right.  I hugged tight to the white line, focusing on remaining as close to it as I possibly could.  I got to thinking about how that white line represents Christ's consistent guidance and presence.  Even though it was difficult at times to remain close to those 3 inches of paint, those white lines never failed to lead the way.  I was reminded of a piece of scripture, "..narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it" (Matthew 7:14).  Narrow is the road that leads to life.  I thought of how riding on the white line relates to this verse because in the same way if I stray away from the narrow white line, my life is on the line.... no pun intended.  It is a fine balance to stay on the line and road that leads to life, but we are promised that He will keep our wheels turning in the right direction if we choose to follow Him.


1 comments:

Audrey Mirabella All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger